We are living in unprecedented times. With all that is happening related to COVID-19, all of our lives are full of new and growing challenges. Yet, iIn the middle of everything that’s changing in our day-to-day lives, it’s good to know that God doesn’t change. His promises don’t change. And His plans for the Church to be an instrument of good in the world don't change. The Bayou Church is embracing this crisis as an opportunity to help people Know God, Find Community and Make A Difference in new ways.
Also, in accordance with the governor's latest directive, we have closed the church offices. The majority of the staff will work from home and are still available by email. If there is any way that we can care for you during this time, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Sunday we are offering opportunities to connect online for all our different age groups. The goal of these online gatherings is to provide encouragement and a place of connection for every single one of us.
- Sunday morning services are available at 8:00 am, 9:30 am and 11:00 am (as usual). The easiest way to engage with these services is through one of our four platforms: Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube or our website. We have live hosts there to interact with you, pray with you and encourage you throughout the services. We are working through a three-week sermon series titled "Fear Not," to learn how to choose peace and confidence in the middle of the storm.
- For our Preschoolers, we offer an online experience at 2:00 pm on Sunday at the Bayou Preschool Facebook Group page and on YouTube. This includes songs and a short Bible lesson.
- For Kids in elementary school, we offer an online experience at 4:00 pm on Sunday at the Bayou Kids Facebook page and on YouTube. We sing songs together and use the same Bible curriculum we regularly use.
- For Students, we drop a video from Griff on the Bayou Students Facebook page and on YouTube and Vimeo at 6:00 pm on Sunday with small groups to follow at 6:30 pm. You can find Bayou Students on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo … and signup for their parents e-newsletter! There are also connects during the week via Instagram. Follow Bayou Students on Instagram here.
Throughout the Week
We are also posting updates, devotionals and activities on all of the social media channels listed above for each age group, so make sure to check throughout the week for all the great stuff!
- Worship Wednesday is a great midweek point of connection where we can worship together, each Wednesday at 7:00 pm on Facebook.
- Our Small Groups have shifted to virtual meetings during this time, many using Zoom. We’re encouraging groups to consider an online Bible study on Psalm 23 through Right Now Media. By studying Psalm 23, we’ll encounter a life-transforming question: Do you trust the Lord to care for your needs? You can find that study via this link on RightNow Media. If you have not yet created an account with RightNow Media, that information is available here on our website. Even though we can’t be together physically, we can still meet and to encourage each other and grow together. If you would like to join a small group, please email us at email@example.com.
- For those who attend Celebrate Recovery on Mondays, on-campus, in-person meetings have been cancelled for the time being. For more information, follow Celebrate Recovery at The Bayou on Facebook.
- If you’re looking for a way to serve our community and make a difference in practical ways (both The Bayou Church and Acadiana), we’re putting together several opportunities for us to help. While we’re still working out the details with local organizations, you can let us know you’re interested in serving by completing this simple form. This is a great way for us to live out our faith in this unsettling time for our community.
Stay in the Loop
We are sending weekly email updates, letting you know the latest of what’s happening, so if you haven't yet signed up, you can do so in the footer of our website or via this link. Of course, stay connected to our social channels for updates as well. Pastor Sean will be posting videos regularly on Facebook with devotional thoughts to encourage you throughout the week. We’re planning some other during-the-week online events as well … so stay tuned to social media for all the info.
You can also text “News” to 337-307-4399 in order to opt-in to our text update service. You will receive a response text from a shortcode (624-88) confirming your opt-in. This will be another way we can communicate with you about everything that’s going on in the coming weeks.
This is a time when we can serve our community together. One of the best ways to do that is to respect the directives from our government to limit our physical interactions. It might feel over-the-top at times, but we can truly serve each other—and especially our medical workers and first responders—by slowing the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Unite714 (Prayer Movement)
- 7-Day Coronavirus Prayer Guide
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Information
- Louisiana Department of Health COVID-19 Updates
- World Health Organization Latest Updates and Information
- Free counseling services are available by calling the Keeping Calm Through COVID hotline at 866.310.7977.
- Call 211 for general information about coronavirus (precautions, symptoms, etc.)
- Call 311 for pre-screening by a medical professional to determine if a visit to a local screening site is necessary.
- Call 911 for emergency services.